Saturday, February 21, 2015

You are Incredible

So many people have told me I'm not good enough, in one way or another

"You're basic"
"Your sister looks smarter than you"
"Don't you have a brain"
"Why you never dress up? I'm sure you can do better than that."

Blah blah. I shan't mention names but undeniably it's the people closest to me who have said the most hurtful things to me - and I hate it. I don't hate them, but I really hate how Satan uses them as a tool to try to tear down my self-confidence.

I AM Awesome, I AM Smart. I AM Talented. I AM Beautiful. I AM Loved. I AM a Daughter of the Living God. I AM Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. No one should change that about me. No one can change that about me. I am who I am. I am who God made me. And God made me all these things.

People can try to tear me down, but as long as I remember God's promises and I remember the Lego movie, I know that their stupid words can never change who I truly am. As long as I remember what I learnt from The Lego Movie, I will remember that other people's perception of me does not define me. Only God and my own view of myself defines me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment