Thursday, September 18, 2014

I got a crush on (Blue)

Current new favourite colour i.e. the colour I'm totally crushing over - powder blue. It first caught my eye during the Space Invasion Mega Sale 2 @ The Cathay. I saw an Ellysage top in the most adorable baby blue colour but alas, I decided not to purchase it in the end...

Then there was this baby blue clutch from Charles and Keith with a chic-looking bow adorning the top of the bag. Minimalistic madness - tres chic!

And yesterday, when I saw someone wearing a powder blue dress - I was sold. My new favourite colour, at long last!!

Is it strange that my favourite colour changes depending on the supposedly in colour during the season? I remember when I was totally loving all things mustard, maroon and mint green when they were the in colour that season. Does this mean that I have no opinion of my own and that I'm merely following the flow of the crowd? Maybe so...

But I like to think that fashion should be something that influences us, not defines us. I feel that we should incorporate the latest trends into a piece/style that we have created for ourselves. In the same way, I feel that colour preferences are also a way we can incorporate the latest trends into our own unique style.

Signing off, Jocelyn :)

Ps. Found this post by Irish Blogger Erica Fox :) Do check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment